EPC is a family forgiven by Jesus to be and make disciples. These arent just words but a deep sense of our mission. How are we going to achieve all this? In short:
Phase 1 – Preparation – The FOCUS is the preparation of God’s leaders and people and the presentation of God’s plan.
- PERPARE by learning from the past but not living in it.
- PREPAREDNESS to repent -to fess up and not cover up.
- PURPOSE STATEMENT developed.
- PLAN the strategy.
- PERSONAL preparation of leaders.
Phase 2 – Foundation – The FOCUS is the building of a gospel foundation for future growth. Laying the gospel in people’s lives and developing relationships.
- CONNECTING – Building relationships.
- COMMUNICATING WITH GOD – Developing a solid prayer base.
- CLIMATE FOR GROWTH – Building a positive group climate.
- CONCEPT OF CHRIST – Correcting misconceptions about the Gospel.
- CARE FOR THE BODY – Genuine caring for the congregation’s needs.
Phase 3 – Ministry Training – The FOCUS is the drawing apart of those “wanting more” into ministry teams. These teams will then be trained and equipped to share the work of ministry.
- TEAM of people who want more, gathered together.
- TRAIN the ministry team members in skills of personal ministry
- TEST the ministry team through actual involvement in ministry.
Phase 4 – Outreach – The FOCUS is the mobilising of the ministry teams for specific concerted outreach.
- EVANGELISM TRAINING to equip the congregation to effectively share their faith.
- EFFECTIVE OUTREACH specifically designed to reach, involve and communicate the gospel to our friends.
- ESTABLISH F.U.N – develop a well-planned procedure of Follow Up and Nurture group involvement.
Phase 5 – Expansion – The FOCUS is the multiplication of ministries and for our ministry teams to serve the local community.
- PLANNED development of a PERMANENT ministry PRESENCE in the local community. Winning, building, training and sending people including the planting of a church within 5 years.